Is it considered non-commercial use to use photos from a hotel website on a blog, need to promote images with describing them?

Hanover, MD |

For example Marriott Hotels, states you can use their images for personal non-commercial use. On the internet, the use of images with descriptions of location is highly important. Because I need a large number of images to make my point, and compare hotels. I have no time to go to each company to request images. This is because of time dead-lines set to end the project on the blog. What I'm doing is more like publicity, but I need their images to make the point, such as showing the images of their pool areas, restaurants, fitness centers, rooms, etc.., so visitors on my blog, can see why they should visit that hotels website for more information.

See my response to your identical question posted previously.

The above is general information ONLY and is not legal advice, does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should NOT be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.

Please try not to duplicate posts.

I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

While I have not taken the time to review Daniel's most recent question, fair use of photo questions on blogs and websites is a recurring theme.

According to NoLo Law Book: Getting Permission, the little I've read from it, you must get permission for use of images from the owner/creator, it gets more complicated, when there are people or trademarks, the book states you will need to get permission, to clear that too.

Internet law topics

Recommended articles about Internet law