Is it common practice for a nurse at Saint Vincent Hospital to ,,,

open a plastic package containing medical supplies with her mouth? I had was visiting a friend in the ICU and saw this. I thought that it was awful strange that a nurse would do this.

Toledo, OH -

Robert Don Fink

Robert Don Fink

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Chicago, IL

Probably not. However, I doubt that it would even be deemed actionable because the proof of actual injury would be almost impossible. That said, you could make a report to the hospital so they are aware of it and correct it.

Sponsored Listing
David Brian Snyder

David Brian Snyder

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Syracuse, NY

It is probably not the most sanitary method for opening medical supplies. I agree, it would be good to help prevent the possibility of infections...

Lisa Michelle Esser

Lisa Michelle Esser

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Southfield, MI

It is probably not the best way to go about things, however, I don't see any legal cause of action because of this behavior under the scenario you provided. This may be something you should just report to hospital management.

Related Advice

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.