Is it common practice for a nurse at Saint Vincent Hospital to ,,,

Toledo, OH |

open a plastic package containing medical supplies with her mouth?
I had was visiting a friend in the ICU and saw this.
I thought that it was awful strange that a nurse would do this.

Probably not. However, I doubt that it would even be deemed actionable because the proof of actual injury would be almost impossible. That said, you could make a report to the hospital so they are aware of it and correct it.

This response is not intended to act as legal advice. I am not licensed to practice law in any state other than the State of Illinois. No attorney-client relationship is formed until you sign an attorney-client agreement with my office.

It is probably not the most sanitary method for opening medical supplies. I agree, it would be good to help prevent the possibility of infections...

It is probably not the best way to go about things, however, I don't see any legal cause of action because of this behavior under the scenario you provided. This may be something you should just report to hospital management.

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Recommended articles about Personal injury