Is it burglary if your invited & then attacked by two people one who lives there?

Asked 10 months ago - Chester, SC

we were invited to a long time friends house and when we got there we were attacked by a guy who was there. My husband almost died. Yet he's the only one who was arrested and charged, yet he was the first attacked & the worst injured. He's now got life & our friend says he tried telling them it wasn't burglary but they threatened him with prosecution!

1. Frank Mascagni III

1

1

Answered . You need to hire the best criminal defense attorney you can afford to defend this charge. Burglary is a serious felony offense. It sounds like you have valid defenses that must be asserted by your attorney. I can't tell from your question if the charge is pending or it's over. Either way, get legal advice to assist you.

2. Catherine Cleveland

Pro

Answered . If you were invited into the home, it is not Burglary. If the case is over, you need to get an attorney to file an appeal ASAP. Depending on your state, you may be able to get your "friend" to tell you that he only said what he did because he was threaten with being charged with a crime on tape without him knowing it.