Is it better to apply for H1 as software professional or Yoga Instructor? Presently in Singapore. Professional in both fields.

Sunapee, NH |

I have been a software professional for the past 10 years. Also, because of my personal interest, I have been doing Yoga and trained in Yoga for over 15 - 18 years. I've also teached Yoga for many years.

Moved to Singapore about 3 months ago and presently working a Software Professional.

Now, with all my past Yoga training experiance and Certificates, I got a job offer in Singapore that will pay better than my Software job.

I would eventually want to come to USA, in 2013.

I want to know if becoming a Yoga Instructor and coming to USA as Yoga Instructor is any less advantageous than coming to USA as a Software Professional ???
My concern is getting the H1 and not the job prospects or salary etc.

Your advise will help me make a decision.
Thank you for your anticipated advise

Probably a software position. A yoga instructor may qualify for a P visa. Speak with an attorney for more information. My firm handles such cases.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. It is doubtful that a yoga instructor would qualify for an H-1B.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. I also think a yoga instructor would be unlikely to qualify as a specialty occupation. A software professional is more likely to qualify you for an H1.