Is it better for a male UAE resident to have a male US sponsor when he applies for a visit visa to the US, or not?

Laurel, MS |
Filed under: US visas

Is it better for a male UAE resident to have a male US sponsor when he applies for a visit visa to the US, or not? My fiance is applying for a US tourist visa to come visa for 2 weeks. He has a great job and family back home but not very much in savings. We know I should not sponsor him, being female. However, he is nervous about applying without a sponsor. Would it help his chances to have a male sponsor?

The gender of the sponsor is completely irrelevant. To get a B-1/B-2 visa the person must establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer that he will not remain in the US.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Thank you!!

I am not sure I understand your quesiton.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

I am sorry. I left out a few details obviously. I previously asked if, being his fiance, I should sponsor him. He has a great supervisor job. He has family and assets in the UAE. We plan to marry and live in the UAE. We must be married for him to obtain a residence visa for me and it is better in our case for him to come to me to marry. He will then return home and file for my visa. I was advised not to sponsor him because the consular would immediately assume he was coming here to stay. My question now should be, is it better to have A sponsor from the US or not?

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Better for subsequent immigration to UAE? I do not know. I do not know UAE law.

For a male from UAE with attitude like that is better not to seek visa.

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Brava!

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Bravissima!

I am sorry. I left out a few details obviously. I previously asked if, being his fiance, I should sponsor him. He has a great supervisor job. He has family and assets in the UAE. We plan to marry and live in the UAE. We must be married for him to obtain a residence visa for me and it is better in our case for him to come to me to marry. He will then return home and file for my visa. I was advised not to sponsor him because the consular would immediately assume he was coming here to stay. My question should have been, is it better to have A sponsor from the US or not? He doesn't not have an attitude as you have assumed. The question was totally my own and we simply want to make sure we proceed in the best way possible with the least chances of denial. Thank you for your time.

I agree with my colleague. The gender of a sponsor is irrelevant. What is important is that he have strong ties to UAE.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

thank you!