Is it better for a male UAE resident to have a male US sponsor when he applies for a visit visa to the US, or not?

Laurel, MS |
Filed under: US visas

Is it better for a male UAE resident to have a male US sponsor when he applies for a visit visa to the US, or not? My fiance is applying for a US tourist visa to come visa for 2 weeks. He has a great job and family back home but not very much in savings. We know I should not sponsor him, being female. However, he is nervous about applying without a sponsor. Would it help his chances to have a male sponsor?

The gender of the sponsor is completely irrelevant. To get a B-1/B-2 visa the person must establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer that he will not remain in the US.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. I am not sure I understand your quesiton.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. For a male from UAE with attitude like that is better not to seek visa.

4. I agree with my colleague. The gender of a sponsor is irrelevant. What is important is that he have strong ties to UAE.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.