Is it at all possible to ask the judge to waive my court fees and/or fines?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pierre, SD

Im going on 30 years old, and I have lots of fines and court costs that I am unwilling to pay due to being a single parent of 4, and barely making enough to meet ends and food on the table, along with my children's needs. Most of them are from years ago but in 2 different counties. I have totally changed my ways. Been sober for quite some time and can also prove that. I went to treatment and glad to say, did a whole 360 and turned my life around.

1. Jasen Bodie Nielsen

Pro

Answered . Nice job on making the necessary changes to take your life in a positive direction. As for the fines and fees - You can certainly ask, although the chances of your request being granted are not good. BTW - if you do a 360, you're right back where you started. I think you mean 180. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen