Is it alright for a 16 year old girl to date, no sexual relations involved whatsoever, a 21 year old guy?

Sebring, FL |
Filed under: Juvenile law

I've read on various sites that it is illegal for someone 24 years old or older to have sexual relations with someone 16 and 17 years old and below . If these sites are true , does this mean I'm in the clear to date him ?

You indicated no sex in your title, then mention sex on the description. so, which are you asking?

If you are just dating(no sex of any form), that is probably legal, but keep in mind that you are in your parents' custody, and they also have the right to prevent you. They can also make a great deal of trouble for your BF if they desire to do so.

Talk with your parents to work this out.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs. www.figgardenlaw.com

It is against the law for someone who is 24 or older to have sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age. This is a felony of the second degree.

Is it legal...yes. Is it alright...I would say no. There is a big difference between 16 and 21. If it's really meant to be, hen wait a few years.

Juvenile law topics