Skip to main content

Is it allowed for me to have a baby in USA when I travel there on a valid US b2 visa? I do not like doctor skill level here.

Yatahey, NM |

Currently living and working in Saudi Arabia.

Have a US B2 Visa.

Have travelled to USA last year for a visit and liked the medical infrastructure there.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    It depends on how 'far along' you are. Some airlines and/or immigration agents won't let pregnant women in.

    Also, if you like the US medical system great ..... be prepared to PAY THE FULL COST.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

  2. I concur with Mr. Capriotti. the lenght of your stay is determinant. Please check also if you need a visa based on your citizenship. I would strongly recommend to buy a travel and health insurances that cover as much as possible. You may be required to anticipated the expenses so that you will be reimbursed only presenting paid invoices. Best.

    This reply is offered for educational purpose only. You should seek the advice of an attorney. The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than an educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the undisclosed individual asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of New York. Responses are based solely on New York Law unless stated otherwise. Pursuant to Internal Revenue Service guidance, be advised that any federal tax advice contained in this written or electronic communication is not intended or written to be used and it cannot be used by any person or entity for the purpose of (i) avoiding any tax penalties that may be imposed by the Internal Revenue Service or any other U.S. Federal taxing authority or agency or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

  3. There should be no problem if you can pay the medical bill. The immigration inspector at the port of entry may or may not want some evidence of your ability to pay.

  4. There is nothing to prevent you having a baby in the US. However, don't overstay the visa and time your visit carefully.

  5. I agree with my colleagues.

    The information on this website is not intended to be legal advice.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics