Is it against the law to defend myself and family from an attacker in a public place in the state of Nevada ?

Reno, NV |

some time ago me and my family were attacked at a public neighborhood park by a violent gang member with a long criminal history of drugs and violence , when the fight ended he was the one with more injuries than myself , but i was the put in jail and even convicted . the man was armed and looking for trouble i didn't want , his weapon was removed but he kept going for it 11 times but was stopped each time which i believe to be caused most of his injuries , if he would have simply gave up and left , none of this would have happens

1. Nevada has some of the most favorable self-defense laws in the country.

----- Original Message -----

The information presented here is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The Goodman Law Group, P.C. recommends that you consult an attorney with experience in your specific legal issue. Please contact us to schedule a confidential discussion of your situation. Such communication does not create an attorney-client relationship of any kind until a formal engagement agreement is signed by both you and the Goodman Law Group, P.C.

2. I need a lot more facts to determine the answer to this and you appear to have lost the case, enough said?

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

3. No. You are allowed to defend yourself. You are allowed to defend another. You are allowed to use enough force as is reasonably necessary.