Is it against the law (if) I record telephone calls between myself in OK and someone in Tx. and they don't know I am recording.

Asked almost 5 years ago - Ardmore, OK

Is it illegal and if it is could I be prosecuted? If not,, could I use these calls in a law suit to prove how some things really happened?

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . It is lawful to intercept a communication if one is a party to the communication or has received the prior consent of a party to the communication.

Check with the Okla. Stat. Ann. tit. 13, ยง176.4(5)

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer?"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

Online we cannot know what the other details are going on in your case because online we cannot find out those details. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an attorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.