Is it advisable to go to Canada or I should go to home country for first time visa stamp after H1b ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Buffalo, NY

My H1B is based on my MS from USA and also my employer is from Buffalo ( where I work). Won't it be easier to go to Canada for first time stamping for my visa , so if it is any problem or delay they can verify my MS and any paperwork from my employer as it is US based . Or still would be advisable to go to home country for first time stamping!!!

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

1

Answered . Up to you.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . Always advisable to go to home country for visa stamping. Over the the US consulate is accustomed to dealing with applicants of your nationality and you will not raise any unnecessary "eye brows". You will also not need to apply a visa to enter Canada. Plus, you will have the opportunity of seeing again the country am sure you miss from time to time and will have the opportunity to visit with loved ones again, rather than roaming the lonely streets and avenues of Toronto on your own for days..

3. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

1

Answered . You need to see if Canadian post will do it for you. The consulate in your country has to accept you, Canadian -- not really. So, you can try, but act carefully.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

3

1

Answered . What does your counsel of record advise?

5. John K Lassen

2

1

Answered . Home

www.Bulgarianimmigrationlawyer.com

www.Immigration-lawyer-NJ.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630
    Alexander M. Ivakhnenko
    Alexander M. Ivakhnenko, Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL
    Posted about 1 year ago.

Home country, yes