Is it admission of quilt? Is it enough to charge me? What if I was lying"?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dubuque, IA

2 members of Drug Task Force came to my house a month ago asking why I bought 58 grams of pseudophed in 18 months.The limit is 7.5 grams per month but they said they "know" that I was selling the boxes to my son's father to manufacture meth and told me if I didn't "set someone up" that I would be charged.6 weeks later there I was being arrested on a warrant for possession of precursors.My paperwork says that they asked if my ex was using it to cook meth and I stated "well, yeah".If I told them something like that then odds are I would be willing to work for them. Is "well, yeah" enough to use as an admission of guilt? I've had a no-contact order against my son's father since December following a domestic, so I clearly don't like the guy. If I said "yeah" it was to spite him not the truth

If I told them "well yeah" it was more of they made 100 statements in a row and I just kept answering "yeah" so they would leave because they were standing in my doorway and I despise my ex so I wasn't going to tell them "no he doesn't cook meth" even if it's the truth.

1. Colin Christopher Murphy

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . Purchasing 58 g of pseudo in 18 months does not violate Iowa law. Delivering that precursor to another with the knowledge that it will be used to manufacture methamphetamine is a criminal offense. Did the task force actually seize pseudo in your possession at any time? Or did they seize it from your ex? An admission without the
    seizure of pseudo that you actually purchased for him it may not be enough to convict. If the task force
    seized precursors from him, then they still need to prove you purchased that particular precursor for him. 58 g in 18 months in not illegal without proof of intent. You need to speak with an attorney who specializes in pseudoephedrine restriction law.

2. Kevin Keith McKain

2

Answered . A confession isn't necessarily enough for a conviction. You must be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Thus, it would be up to a judge or jury to decide whether the confession, together with whatever other evidence is presented, is sufficient to prove your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Obviously, a confession, if admissible at trial, is strong evidence of your guilt.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

1

Answered . A confession isn't enough for a conviction in a criminal case.

4. Dean George Tsourakis

Pro

1

Answered . Is there a question there? Can they charge him based solely on what you said here? No. Can they charge you? yes. They obviously have the store records of your purchases and your admissions.