Is it a violation to blow .01 on an interlock???

San Antonio, TX |

I started my car from home ( around noon, tested .000 on IID ), stopped at the gas station to get gas and a drink. Restarted car ( tested .000 as well ). Rolling retest on the way to my girlfriend's house from there, tested a .010. Will this be seen as a violation by my P.O. since I am supposed to abstain from alcohol? I did not drink at all that day and this is my first month having the IID, and I've already had several problems with it, none alcohol related, but with faulty equipment. I just don't want to get in trouble for following rules. This device is only making my path of sobriety more difficult.

1. You should talk to your attorney, but if you followed the rules, you're not likely to be in violation.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. Document your problems with the machine. The IID device is not always perfect. Discuss these problems with your PO as quickly as possible, preferably before your PO receives a report from the company monitoring the IID. You may need to have the unit exchanged if it is giving faulty readings.

3. Contact your attorney to discuss how to handle the situation. Hopefully it will work out. Good luck.