IS IT A SMART MOVE TO HIRE A NEW LAWYER WHILE I-751 CASE IS PENDING?

New York, NY |

I'm not satisfied with the service of my lawyer and because of his advise, I received an RFE and the way we responded on RFE, I'm sure we will be schedule for interview.

Should I act now in hiring a new lawyer and let my new lawyer represent me during the interview or should I wait for the result and let my current lawyer still represent me during the interview.

If I change my lawyer now while waiting for the result, will our case be affected due to change of lawyer while our case is being reviewed?

ANY LEGAL STEP/WAYS IN DOING THIS?

1. You are the boss, you can hire and fire the attorney. Your call.

Mr. Asatrian's practice is dedicated to the area of immigration and nationality law. Please note the information provided herein does not constitute legal advice and should not be construed as such by anyone. It should not be relied upon as legal advice as more specific facts, research and analysis may be required to formulate a proper strategy and action in your matter. Please note this does not create an attorney-client relationship whatsoever. You should seek the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney to review your matter thoroughly and gather all of the necessary information and documentation to provide you with the best possible legal solution.

2. Changing lawyers will not jeopardize your case. You can do so at anytime

3. You may choose any attorney you want to represent you. Consult with as many prospective attorneys as you can and make a decision.

Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.

4. It is important to be in a good relationship with the attorney and confident of his or her professionalism. If any of the two reasons fail, you should change an attorney. If both hold, do not change an attorney.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.