Is it a good idea to ask the court to consolidate two debt lawsuits by same company (two different accounts)?

Chandler Heights, AZ |

Is this good strategy or bad idea?

1. There are way too many unanswered questions to give you a definite answer. Are you the defendant? The facts of the two suits must be related to be consolidated. Are they? Consolidation can mean a savings in litigation costs, maybe. You're going to have to talk with an attorney.

2. It depends. I have tried to do both to benefit my clients. There is another move I have made as well. Talk with a lawyer. Many firms including mine give brief free consultations

3. This may work. But due to many other reasons, it may not work. The debt may have been sold. There may be two different law firms.

On the flip side, what if they stay separate and the attorneys fail to prosecute? You may be able to avoid part of the debt on a judgment (at least momentarily).

More importantly, this is more of a band aid approach to your problem. Meaning, this will not cure your problems only delay and possibly increase attorney fees not decrease (as I am assuming is your goal).

It would not hurt you to talk to an attorney.

Jim Webster
    Scottsdale, Chandler, Mesa & Phoenix Arizona Bankruptcy Attorneys & Lawyers

1845 S. Dobson Rd. Ste 201
    Mesa, AZ 85202

(480) 464-4667
    Jim@jpwlegal.com

We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for relief under the Bankruptcy Code.

If you live in Arizona, please contact me for actual advice; this is just speculation. It certainly is not legal advice. I don't have enough information to give actual legal advice. I can only take the limited information presented and provide a idea of what you might do and how it may turn out.

Sued for debt topics