Is it a falsified report if the police investigator put the wrong town an incident occurred in on a supporting deposition?

Asked over 2 years ago - Wolcott, NY

I feel my son is being framed for a crime. The town it so called occurred in was Red Creek and on the supporting deposiyions it is stated Wolcott

1. Benjamin J Lieberman

2

Best Answer

Answered . There are many possible explanations for this. What type of supporting deposition is this? Is it for a criminal complaint or for a traffic violation? It may just be that wolcott is where the supporting deposition was executed. If you son is being charged with an offense the best advise is for you to speak with an attorney ASAP.

2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

2

1

Answered . It is not a falsified report. It could be a typo or mental error. If you feel your son is being framed, hire a good attorney for him and fight!

3. John Wesley Hall Jr.

2

1

Answered . Don't worry about a "falsified report." Think about defending a coming criminal case and let his criminal defense lawyer handle it. People make both innocent mistakes and false police reports. You think he's being framed; the police may not. The truth maybe in between. Be prepared for the worst.

4. Richard C. Southard

Pro

1

1

Answered . There isn't enough information to answer your question. I am generally shocked when I am handling a case and the police paperwork is error free. The truth is that police paperwork almost always has a mistake of some kind in it. In order for them to be framing your son, there would have to be some advantage to them by putting one town over another. Mistakes are generally a good thing for the accused, as skilled defense attorneys can use it to help raise a reasonable doubt in your son's defense.

Richard Southard
    212-385-8600
    I am a former Deputy Bureau Chief with the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office who has been specializing in criminal law for over 15 years. I offer free consultations by telephone, in-office or by videoconference.
    www.reasonabledoubtny.com