Is it a conflict of interest if my husband hires a lawyer for a divorce that I paid for a consultation 3 years concerning divorc

York, SC |
Filed under: Divorce

My husband hired a lawyer for a divorce from me who I paid for a divorce consultation 3 years ago. The lawyer has a file on me. Is this a conflict of interest?

I think so. For a better answer, call the South Carolina Bar Ethics Advisory Committee at (803) 799-6653, ext. 154 or e-mail I would also bring it to the attorney's attention in writing.

This post is authored by an attorney licensed in South Carolina and written only about South Carolina law. The law varies considerably from state to state. This site is for information purposes only and not intended as legal advice. Use of this site does not create an attorney-client relationship. The attorney-client relationship is only created by entering into a written contract for legal services.

Recommended articles about Divorce