Is it a bad thing to give your HR rep your documentation of retaliation if it can land the company in court?

Asked about 3 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I am afraid of rebuttals and I have a pending racial discrimination charge against the company with the EEOC and it has not yet been assigned to the investigator but I made it aware to my manager and supervisor of the EEOC charge (including the internal Ethics charge of the same subject which they found no evidence of discrimination) and ever since then they have been treating me differently, which includes a negative performance evaluation for my mid year. I field with internal HR and they want all my docs of what i think is retaliation, im afraid they might come out with a rebuttal if it ends up in court. should i provide it to the HR rep?

I filed with internal HR of retaliation due to the race discrimination case, and even made the rep aware I went to the EEOC

1. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . If you haven't retained an employment litigator, do so now. You've apparently already risked your claim by lodging an EEOC complaint yourself. Not consulting counsel is unwise because if you don't word your complaint correctly, you can limit your litigation options, and further, most CA employment lawyers would probably opt for a state DFEH claim rather than a federal EEOC claim because state courts tend to be friendlier than federal ones.