Is it 20 consecutive days to file a response to divorce ?

Orlando, FL |
Filed under: Divorce

The 20 days given to file an answer to divorce does that include weekends ?

1. Yes, you have 20 calendar days to file an Answer. If the 20th day falls on a weekend or holiday, the deadline is extended to the next day that court is open.

Please note that without more specific information, I am unable to provide a definitive answer to your question. Please accept my answer for informational purposes only and I hope it will give you a starting point in seeking legal representation. I would be more than happy to meet with you to provide legal advice in a consultation.

2. Yes. The first day is the day after the summons was served.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida. If you wish to contact the above attorney, see his profile at this website.

3. You have 20 calendar days to file your answer. If you are late courts will generally give you leave to file an answer late. Consult with a lawyer.