Is it a way to force staff to quit their job by switching the staff to different class rooms,

Brooklyn, NY |

I was assign a new class room that a previous staff was suspended by her team making false acqusation on her, and she was put into my classroom. Inaddition there are 2 vacant classroom that this staff could have been put in? Is this discrimination or is it a way for me to quit.

Material changes to job duties or terms of employment can qualify as an adverse employment action. The issue is: what is the motivating factor? If the motivation is based upon a protected classification (race, age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, etc.) then there may be a case. Please call or email if you would like to discuss further.

Ryan Finn * 518.213.0115 * Rfinn@hackermurphy.com * Referrals are the highest form of compliment * Hacker Murphy serves clients throughout New York State and always pays referring attorneys a reasonable referral fee

You haven't provided any facts to point towards discrimination. Do you feel you are being treated differently based upon gender, race, national origin, age, disability, religion, pregnancy or familial status or sexual orientation?

This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (https://twitter.com/#!/WhiteRoseMarks) or Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/WhiteRoseMarks) if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.