Is is recommended to submit couples photographs with an I-130?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

Or is all of our holiday photos etc. only required during the interview process?

1. Irina Alexander Vinogradsky

4

Answered . You need to submit pictures of a couple from different events on different dates. It is nice to have pictures with family members , especially parents. Good luck!

2. Richard Bennett Bracken

3

Answered . In my practice we don't generally include couples photographs with the I-130 petition however, I do ask my clients to bring a variety of couples photographs to their interviews in case the officer would like to see them.

3. Stewart J. Kong

1

Answered . It is best to hold off on the pictures until your interview date. Depending on where the I-130 is filed, it may take at least several months before an interview is held. At that interview, I would suggest bringing around 20 photographs, 2 of which you will most likely give up.

4. Michael Hugh Carlin

2

Answered . The best suggestion I could give you is for you to consult with an experienced immigration attorney near you, before filing the I-130. That will help you have the best chance of success, and to avoid problems down the road. Photographs can be, and often are, helpful in I-130 Petitions. A good lawyer will help you to put together the best possible petition.

5. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . For an I-130, one should submit what the form instructions say is required.

6. Michael Christian Urbina-Pabon

1

1

Answered . I always suggest to submit pictures along with the application. Whie it is not a requirement of the application packet, officers almost get suspicious if not because it is a very common practice to submit pictures. If you do not submit them in the application, it is ok but definitely take some to the interview of numerous events and occassions.