Skip to main content

Is is necessary to apply for maiden name change on I 797/ I 94? If yes what is the procedure to do so?

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: F-1 visa for students

I came to USA on H4 visa. I recently changed my status to F1 staying in USA. I would like to change my maiden name on my passport and adopt my husband's last name.Is it necessary to change my name on I 797 and I 94?I will have my old passport returned to me for proof of name change.

Attorney Answers 1


I suggest you seek the assistance of an immigration law attorney, It's not required.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics