Is in-house parole in a state prison considered false imprisonment?

Asked 3 months ago - Albuquerque, NM

If an offender's release date was 2 months ago and the department of corrections has dropped the ball numerous times in making the timely referrals to parole board, changing caseworkers, denying access to caseworkers, restricting family members from gaining information that could be helpful for the release of the offender, no access to a law library so that the offender to help himself, is this a violation?

1. Stephen D Aarons

1

Answered . No it is not considered false imprisonment and many end up spending part of their parole inside. He could file a habeas corpus petition but will that be heard in time to make a difference?

2. Stephen Ross Cohen

Answered . Darn, that attorney Aarons is smart and his answers are good.