Is in-house parole in a state prison considered false imprisonment?

Albuquerque, NM |

If an offender's release date was 2 months ago and the department of corrections has dropped the ball numerous times in making the timely referrals to parole board, changing caseworkers, denying access to caseworkers, restricting family members from gaining information that could be helpful for the release of the offender, no access to a law library so that the offender to help himself, is this a violation?

1. No it is not considered false imprisonment and many end up spending part of their parole inside. He could file a habeas corpus petition but will that be heard in time to make a difference?

Please do not confuse the casual and impersonal exchange in this or any legal chat room with entering into an attorney-client relationship. If your situation warrants formal legal assistance, you should begin the process of hiring Mr. Aarons at info@aarons.org or another lawyer to consider all of the relevant facts and law in your case.

2. Darn, that attorney Aarons is smart and his answers are good.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.