Is Immigration still doing the the ten year bar for illegal immigrants?

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

I was punished 10 years ago with the 10 year bar for entering illegally, I came back illegally before those ten years where over . I have never been deported or arrested , my husband is a US citizen so can Immigration still punish me ? And if they can is there any way around it ?

my question is " can immigration punish me with the 10 year bar again if I reapply for the green card ?"

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . You need a consultation with an attorney. I have no idea what you are trying to ask.

2. Kira Gagarin

4

Best Answer

Answered . The general rule is, if you come to the US illegally before that first 10 year bar is over, you get punished with a "lifetime bar". You can get this forgiven but only after 10 years outside of the US. So, it seems like you have a lifetime bar. I suggest that you speak to an immigration attorney in person before you apply for anything from immigration. Good Luck.

3. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

6

Answered . You definitely need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney. The facts you present are confusing.

4. J Charles Ferrari

6

Answered . If you came back illegally, you have more problems than just the bar.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

5. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

1

Answered . They can punish you with a lifetime bar. Speak with an attorney about how you MAY be able to overcome that bar.

6. Meighan Colleen Lenihan Vargas

2

1

Answered . In short, yes, immigration is still enforcing the ten year bar in applicable instances. That said, because you apparently violated the 10 year bar you are likely subject to a lifetime bar. You may be able to get past this but will likely need to wait 10 years before requesting relief. I would suggest that you speak with an immigration attorney to see what your options are based upon additional information that is not provided in your question. I would suggest you not submit anything to immigration until speaking with an attorney.