Is illinois a Palimony state?

Chicago, IL |

I have been living with my mater for 15 years. We have a house with personal items that we've purchased together. What remedies can I take to get my part without walking away with nothing?

There is no palimony in Illinois. Your stuff is your stuff. Unless you have a written agreement, you'll have to file a lawsuit to divide property.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.