Is I-1601 Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility | USCIS can take a Year ?

Anaheim, CA |

me and my Husband have submitted My application Last Year 12/05/12, I haven't heard anything yet till now, I Tried to call Customer service to get any updates, they advised that the case now in initial review. should I be worried, & what I can do? my lawyer advised me just wait.

1. The I-1601 Application for Waiver It is very arcane and very complex procedure. Realistically speaking, its completion may take even longer than a year. Work with your retained counsel as this matter requires a great deal of patience.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

2. yes and longer.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

3. If your attorney has not given you any reason to doubt her/him then you should follow her advice. These things take a long time sometimes.

4. Yes, it could take a year. You can track the progress of the waiver online at www.uscis.gov, and putting in the receipt number.

Christy Han Mohan, A Law Corporation
    Immigration Attorney
    19800 MacArthur Blvd., Suite 1000, Irvine, CA 92612
    Phone: 949.222.5900
    Email: christy@chmlegal.com
    Website: http://www.chmlegal.com

This is not legal advice, no guarantees/warranties have been made, and no attorney/client relationship has been formed.

Marriage and prenups topics