Is HOA responsible for Drainage easement causing damage to my property?

Las Vegas, NV |

6 feet at the rear of my property running along the back are used for a private drainage easement that is to be maintained by my HOA. I have no physical access to it. At the front edge of the easement there is a block wall with a concrete base. Water has eroded under my wall and is causing serious damage to my property and the foundation of the wall. My HOA has told me they do not feel the drainage channel has built to code therefore they say it not their responsibility to fix the concrete in the channel. The county maps clearly state the HOA is responsible for all maintenance of this Easement.. HOA says I am on my own to fix the problem... I disagree.
I am not asking for them to fix the damage to my property but fix the cause which is in the drainage easement.

1. Doesn't sound like a terrible case to me. Probably time to visit a lawyer who can make a formal demand on the HOA on your behalf.

The information provided herein is for informational purposes only. This communication does not constitute legal advice, and you and I have not formed an attorney-client relationship. You are advised to address your particular situation with an attorney.