Is he entitled to enter our home after signing the quitclaim deed?

Bear, DE |

My soon to be ex- left home for another woman on April, 2012 . Before he left signed the house deed in my name, and I filled for divorce. In the notarized paper it shows that I am the owner of the house, which is full paid. Almost , 1 yr later he comes back and wants to get in the house to live a "normal" life. He doesn't have a job nor he did/does pay child support. Does he have the rights to enter our home after signing the quitclaim deed in my name?

I did file the deed. It is notarized. The divorce is close to be finalized.

Did you file the deed?
Is the divorce finalized?

If you answered yes to both questions, then you may prevent him from returning to the home.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

No.

No

This is not legal advice. I am not your lawyer. You are not my client. You cannot rely on my response to your question. My response to your question is probably worth exactly what you paid for it. You don't get to sue me for anything. If you'd like to sue me, well you have to hire me first. Here's how you can hire me! #1 Call: 1-888-463-2843 #2 Email: david@davidcarrierlaw.com #3 See me on TV! www.woodtv.com - go to the Ask the Expert tab! #4 Listen to my radio show (2 full hours every week!) www.woodradio.com - go to the podcast section.