Is having the wrong name on the ticket issued grounds for dismissal or appeal?

Asked about 1 year ago - Albany, NY

Today I was stopped after using my cellphone at a stoplight . The officer gave me a ticket for operation a motor vehicle while using a cell phone and date to attend traffic court . I just had a question on the ticket itself , the officer must have put the owner of the car's name on the ticket ( my dad ) and not my own . Also on the ticket the " owner is pore . " section is checked off which is not true since I was operating the car . If it helps with detail the only people in the car was myself and my little brother in the back . I was wondering how should I go about with this ticket . Thanks for the help

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

3

Answered . It's an argument before the judge when the cop describes the motorist and it's not your dad!
    Hire a lawyer

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

2. Matthew Jay Weiss

2

Answered . Neither of this mistakes renders the ticket fatally defective. Unlike parking tickets, most minor errors in completing a traffic ticket do not warrant dismissal. With that said, these errors can be used during cross examination in order to beat this case at trial. Further, there may be other (and better) ways to defend you on this case. Speak with an experienced NY Traffic Lawyer for a consultation.

3. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

Answered . We can beat this one on so many levels!

One or more answers have been taken down.