Is Gorman still the law of the land in California?

Asked over 2 years ago - San Carlos, CA

Based on Gorman can I bring a case of defamation or is it preempted by the FCRA?

1. Eric D Ridley

Pro

1

Answered . Which Gorman? Gorman v Swaggart, Gorman v. Phillyburbs, or some other decision? The more details you provide here (without giving names), the more accurate information you will receive in return.

Pro

2

Answered . Slander is the oral communication of false statements which are harmful to someone’s reputation. Spoken opinions which don't contain statements of fact don't constitute slander. The basic elements of a claim of slander include; 1.defamatory statement 2. published to third parties 3.which the speaker/publisher knew or should have known was false. Libel is publishing in print, which includes pictures, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his or her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others. Contact a defamation lawyer in your city for a free consultation to protect your rights and reputation.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com