Is Form I-191 always required for a person seeking relief via 212(c) waiver while in removal proceedings?

Asked 12 months ago - Irvine, CA

USCIS states that the purpose of Form I-191 is "for a legal permanent resident of the United States to apply for permission to return to their home in the United States after time spent outside the United States." This person is an LPR and already in the U.S. Thank you.

1. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . If this person is in removal proceedings .... run, don't walk, to the closest immigration lawyer's office.

You're way off-base with your understanding of what needs to be done.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . Professor Capriotti is actually very correct in his assessment of your situation. Do yourself a favor and heed his advice.

3. John K Lassen

2

Answered . Capriotti laid it out well

www.Low-Fee-Immigration-Lawyer.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630