Is forgery considered fraud or intent to fraud?

Billings, MT |

If I was caught in forgery, is that considered fraud or intent to fraud?

.

There is a lot of information missing which should not be discussed in detail here.
The answer probably depends on what was being forged and the purpose. Hwever, I believe forgery is itself a crime.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Depends on the circumstances. In MT passing bad checks is treated as theft. False signing of legal documents is more likely forgery.

DISCLAIMER: The forgoing comment is for general educational purposes only, and is not legal advice upon which the reader may rely as the commenter has no actual knowledge of the facts of the case, has not interviewed persons or examined evidence, and has not researched the applicable law. The comment is based only on the facts provided, which are extremely limited, and may or may not be true. Complete defenses may prevent the success of any claim. Competent legal advice should always be obtained before taking any legal action or filing suit. Readers employ any information provided herein at their own risk.