Is Florida an equitable distribution state in divorce or not? What law(s) give judge discretion to deviate besides 61.075?

Asked 5 months ago - Stuart, FL

Gave 90% to ex, 10% to me. Considering appeal. Seems obvious on surface that this is not FS 61.075 intent. But I have found that the word "discretion" is like a bottomless pit...
Ohh and yes, I know I should consult an attorney and if you know anyone who does pro bono work in this area please let me know. Fixed income P&T disabled vets can't afford the legal system.

1. Robert P Garven

1

1

Answered . You should inquire as to whether you qualify for status as an indigent for appellate purposes. (Did you have an attorney at trial?) The difficulty of doing an appeal yourself is something that you should consider with great caution.

2. John M. Cullum

1

Answered . I have never that great a deviation. I suspect there are some circumstances that led the court to make this one sided a decision. Moreover, I suspect it's closer to 50/50 than you relate.