Is FL-180 the final proof of divorce or is there a final divorce decree?

Asked over 2 years ago - Sacramento, CA

I just received an FL-180 stamped by a judge but I am not sure if I need to fill out additional forms to receive the final divorce decree.

1. Cathleen Elisabeth Norton

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . What you need to look for is a document called Notice of Entry of Judgment. The court will send you a stamped copy in the mail, usually with a stamped copy of your Judgment. Look for it. If you've found it, then great--you're divorced. You won't receive anything called a "final divorce decree" or anything like that.

2. Donald Frederick Conviser

2

1

Answered . The FL-180 is the Judgment in the case - what you refer to as the final divorce decree. You should also have received a FL-190 Notice of Entry of Judgment in the mail. If you didn't receive it, go to the Court Clerk's office and ask to inspect the case file, and purchase a copy of the Notice of Entry of Judgment, for your records.

3. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

2

Answered . It is a judgment as far as to the issues covered in it. It can be just the marriage status or everything based upon what it states.