Is filing for bankruptcy recommended?

How do you file for it? I've lost my job, and am stuck with a house that's underwater. I don't really see any other option. What do I need to do? .

Las Vegas, NV -

Find Out More

Dorothy G Bunce

Dorothy G Bunce

Bankruptcy Attorney - Las Vegas, NV

You haven't provided enough information to offer an opinion. Besides your house, what other kind of debts do you have?

I have published a legal guide called "Now or Later" that covers issues of when you need to file bankruptcy right away and when you can put it off, possibly indefinitely. Why not follow the links below to consider your options.

Hope this perspective helps!

William W. Fife III

William W. Fife III

Bankruptcy Attorney - Gilbert, AZ

Most attorneys provide a free consultation. You should find an attorney that is near to you and schedule a consultation. Only after a review of your overall situation can a determination be made if bankruptcy is a good option for you.

Theodore Lyons Araujo

Theodore Lyons Araujo

Bankruptcy Attorney - Syracuse, NY

You may not have any debt that follows you because of the house. Nevada is what we call a "non-recourse" state.

Most bankruptcy attorneys will talk with you for free. Contact a local bankruptcy attorney who can evaluate if you should file.