Is filing a request for order FL-300 the same as ...?

Asked about 1 year ago - Rialto, CA

Is the FL-300 the form I use to file a motion to compel responses in form interrogatories in a divorce case and do I have to pay the fees?OR, will a notice/motion suffice and do I pay for this?

1. Abelardo Fernandez

1

Best Answer

Answered . All motions in family law cases are filed as Request for Orders FL-300. You have to file your points and authorities and your declaration. You will have to pay the filing fee to file the motion.

2. Gregory Paul Benton

2

1

Answered . It is now called a Request For Orders and yes the FL-300 form is the one to use. Yes you must pay the fees to file this RFO unless you have a fee waiver. But if you have to pay fees, you can request this in your RFO. You must serve the other party and also file a proof of service.

3. Britney L. Malpiede

Answered . You should also know that the fee for an RFO is generally substantially less than what you paid to file your Petition (or Response). So, although there is a fee involved (if you do not qualify for a fee waiver), it is somewhere in the $50-$80 range; not hundreds of dollars.

Best of luck.