Is facebook or myspace consider public forum in anyway?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Garden Grove, CA

sorry to ask this again but i saw some girl picture on their facebook and myspace and i decide to copy the picture and repost it on my secondary facebook and now i has lost access to it and i now im worry if that consider invasion of privacy because the picture was take by them in their house and also some in the restroom (with clothes) and they post it on their myspace and facebook, i didnt take the picture at all, just repost it, is facebook or myspace consider public forum in anyway, i mean if they expected privacy they shouldnt have post it on the public forum at all right?

1. Charles Harry Gardner

3

1

Answered . This is intended as information only and you should seek counsel for specific legal advice. It may seem counterintuitive, but, before looking at the legalities, I suggest you read Facebook's policies. In them they discuss what permissions one grants when posting a picturer and may also discuss a person's right to re-post. In general;, if the person posted and made it available to the general Public, the expectation seems to me to be that it could be shared (isn;t that part of the purpose of social media?). But NEVER for a commercial purpose without permission. I would again, start with Facebook policies and, if you still have concerns, consult with a CA attorney. If you lost access to the photo, the poster may have removed it. I think it unlikely that you would get a claim unless you were doing something inappropriate with the photo (reposting with defamatory remarks for example). Good luck!

2. Nicholas Basil Spirtos

1

1

Answered . I think I have responded to this question before, or at least one very similar.
    Generally speaking, Facebook and other social media sites are not considered private. Once someone posts a picture on the internet, it loses any claim to privacy or confidentiality.
    But, you should not be using pictures that belong to other people. Doing so could eventually lead to you being accused of some wrong doing.
    Personally, I recommend that you spend less time on the internet and more time learning correct grammar and spelling.

3. Daniel Ellis Rice

1

1

Answered . The following case may be illustrative of what you are asking: http://scholar.google.com/scholar_case?case=650...

4. Barry Franklin Poulson

1

Answered . Keep involving yourself in this matter and you could face an expensive lawsuit, win or lose. Quit posting pictures.