Is Facebook conducting illegal co-operations of identity theft?

Lake Charles, LA |

Facebook has so many people like me concerned over privacy concerns that the website is becoming an invasion of privacy ,and identity theft.
I had an account hacked a while back , and received a reply in an email from "The Facebook Team" when trying to regain access to my account.
They now want a copy of my government-issued photo ID.
They now want me to scan, and take a picture of me ID.
Who is receiving our information ,and who behind Facebook willing to steal once I hand over my identification?
Is this an illegal co-operation of identity theft ,and what can I do since I still have the emails of such questions to hand over my my personal information?

1. Nothing illegal posted above.
    If you don't want to be on Facebook, no one requires you to do so.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

2. I'm sorry to say this to you but if you want access to Facebook these are the terms you have to agree to. If you don't agree with them you can delete the account.

The answers provided are of a general nature and are not intended to be final or complete answers of any individual's legal questions. Other facts not considered may change the analysis or outcome. Do not rely on information presented herein to address your individual legal concerns. Your receipt of information from this website does not create an attorney-client relationship and the legal privileges inherent therein. If you have a legal question, you should consult an attorney experienced in that area of the law. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you hire an attorney, you should request information about the attorney's qualifications and experiences. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. Only those persons who have a signed written fee agreement and authority to represent with me is an actual client. This response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than my educated opinion or viewpoint. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that this information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice from an attorney in your area. NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum.