Is driving without car insurance and driving with a suspended license considered a misdemeanor or a traffic violation.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Richmond, TX

I received a ticket for driving without car insurance and another ticket for driving with a suspended driver's license and again no car insurance. I was young and I have learned my lesson. I am having a hard time applying for jobs because on the applications it asks whether or not I have been convicted of an offense other than a traffic violation? I have also pled guilty and no contest to these offences. Can it ruin my chances of being hired by employers?

1. Stett Matthew Jacoby

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Vyborny--best to disclose these issues and explain them to your potential employer. As Mr. Vyborny noted, traffic violations can be misdemeanors; the point of the question on the application is to ascertain what may have happened in your past. However, many employers will not automatically discard your application for a few minor issues in your past.

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, disclose please.

Philadelphia Personal Injury Lawyer. www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. David Vyborny

1

Answered . A traffic violation can also be a misdemeanor. Your best bet is to fully disclose the issue. Unless you are going to be driving for your employer, many employers would not hold this against you. Best of luck to you.