Is court room same as judges chambers?

Jacksonville, FL |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I have a hearing in September and have only 15 minutes to speak? Will the hearing be held in judge chambers or in a court room. I'm some what nerves..

Typically a criminal court judge will have a hearing in a court room. There are some exceptions, a judges chambers is a fancy word for his office or an anti-room directly next to his office. We usually see Chambers being used in civil cases or in pretrial motions or hearings where there's less formality. Relax most judges are helpful especially for pro se litigants.

Thank you.

Hire a lawyer. It will occur in the courtroom. You will NEVER go into a judge's chambers. Essentially, a judge's chambers is like his/her private office.

John S. Riordan, Esq., RIORDAN & HERMAN, PL., West Palm Beach, FL, (561) 650-8291. Mr. Riordan is a former Palm Beach County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

Do you have 3500.00 dollars? Because I don't. I don't have a choice but to be pro self..

Chambers is just fancy language for the judge's office. Any hearing will most likely take place in the courtroom and you will probably never see chambers. You should have an attorney. It is never smart trying to navigate the crim al justice system alone.

Not a criminal case. It's a timesharing Custody dispute..

Hearings rarely take place in the judge's chambers, and in criminal cases, practically never. An attorney may talk with a judge in chambers, but it is not a hearing. Since you are nervous, it will be well worth hiring an attorney. You may get much more than 15 minutes and in fact with an attorney, you will be able to get all the time you need.

The hearing will be in a court room. Hire an attorney and prepare your case. Good luck.