Is coming close to a car, warrantable for police to pull you over in Benbrook Texas??

Godley, TX |
Filed under: Traffic stops

I was riding my motorcycle and made a wide right turn, avoiding roofing shingles on roadway. I was told: I was being pulled over due to coming close to his car. I refused both blowing and giving of my blood. State obtained warrant and took my blood anyway. Don't the police officer need more reason to pull me over other than coming close to his car. When did coming close to a car warrant being pulled over? It happens all the time on the roadways.

1. "Don't the police officer need more reason to pull me over other than coming close to his car?"
    No. What you described seems to me the presence of a probable cause to stop you on the roadway.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois 773-562-8602

2. Hire a good DWI attorney in your area. If the stop is contestable, the attorney will be able to challenge it. The officer's sworn report will probably state that you were swerving or that your driving was unsafe. Do not delay in hiring an attorney. You have 15 days to request an ALR hearing in an attempt to protect your driver's license.

Good Luck!

The information provided is not advice but a legal perspective and you should schedule a consultation with the lawyer of your choice.

3. You need an attorney immediately. An ALR hearing needs to be set to gather evidence like video of the stop, etc., get a determination on probable cause to stop, and to help you keep your license. Your attorney may file a motion to address any evidence that may have resulted from a illegal stop.

Traffic tickets topics