Is coming close to a car, warrantable for police to pull you over in Benbrook Texas??

Asked about 1 year ago - Godley, TX

I was riding my motorcycle and made a wide right turn, avoiding roofing shingles on roadway. I was told: I was being pulled over due to coming close to his car. I refused both blowing and giving of my blood. State obtained warrant and took my blood anyway. Don't the police officer need more reason to pull me over other than coming close to his car. When did coming close to a car warrant being pulled over? It happens all the time on the roadways.

1. JaPaula C Kemp

2

Answered . Hire a good DWI attorney in your area. If the stop is contestable, the attorney will be able to challenge it. The officer's sworn report will probably state that you were swerving or that your driving was unsafe. Do not delay in hiring an attorney. You have 15 days to request an ALR hearing in an attempt to protect your driver's license.

Good Luck!

2. Wayne Allen Fowler

1

Answered . You need an attorney immediately. An ALR hearing needs to be set to gather evidence like video of the stop, etc., get a determination on probable cause to stop, and to help you keep your license. Your attorney may file a motion to address any evidence that may have resulted from a illegal stop.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . "Don't the police officer need more reason to pull me over other than coming close to his car?"
    No. What you described seems to me the presence of a probable cause to stop you on the roadway.