Is beneficiary able to collect on life insurance policies from 1959?

Asked 8 months ago - San Diego, CA

I am DPOA for a friend who has dementia. We have been cleaning and packing in anticipation of her move to assisted living. We came upon two New York Life insurance policies. One issured by each of her parents had the spouse as first beneficiary and my friend as second. Both policies were issued in 1959.

1. Kelvin P. Green

3

Answered . If they are still valid, I would think it can be collected on with proper proof

2. Vance Tate Davis

3

1

Answered . Use the DPOA to contact the insurer and inquire about whether the policies remain in force.

3. Eric Jerome Gold

Pro

1

Answered . MY colleagues are correct. If the policies are still in force, you should be able to act as the agent pursuant to the DPOA to establish policy status.

4. John K Lassen

Answered . More info is needed to evaluate. Retain a life insurance lawyer. Here, I Googled it for you www.InsuranceClaimLawFirm.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630