IS BEING SEPARATED BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT FOR FOUR YEARS CONSIDERED A "LEGAL SEPARATION" IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA?

Miami, FL |

We have been living separate and apart for four years now, but we still see each other due to our teenage children and school or social activities that require both of us to be there.
Is this type of an arrangement considered to be like a "Legal Separation"? My wife works, but I still pay for utilities at her home and various other things pertaining to our children, insurance.

No. Florida does not recognize any sort of "legal separation." Your status is married. You can file for divorce and have a temporary agreement as to costs and such until the divorce is finalized.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.

Since the two of you seem to be getting along, you may consider a Collaborative Divorce. I am sure there are plenty of attorneys in your area that focus on this. Good luck to you.

This information is a general answer and is not specific to any particular case. Carin Manders Constantine, Esq. 727-456-0032/ 727-488-8272 familylawyer411.com/about-carin