Is being involved in a drug bust a probation violation

for a 3 dui in 10yr conviction

Virginia Beach, VA -

Stephen Patrick Pfeiffer

Stephen Patrick Pfeiffer

DUI / DWI Attorney - Virginia Beach, VA

If you received any charges while you were out on probation there is a high likelihood that if you're convicted it's a violation. You need to consult with a local attorney immediately. Please feel free to contact me if you need help.

John Paul Thygerson

John Paul Thygerson

DUI / DWI Attorney - Norwalk, CT

Ummm. yeah, probably. Were you arrested?

John-Paul Patrick Gilson

John-Paul Patrick Gilson

DUI / DWI Attorney - Fairfax, VA

I agree with the other attorney's here. Yes, you could be looking at serious jail time.

Scott Christopher Nolan

Scott Christopher Nolan

DUI / DWI Attorney - Fairfax, VA

That completely depends on how you were "involved". If you not charged with a crime, you should carefully read your probation agreement. It may require you to report any police contact to your probation officer. Remember that it is very likely that associating with known felons is a violation of your probation. So you have to also be aware of who -was- charged at the bust.

If you were charged with a crime as a result of your part in a drug bust, you will almost certainly be charged with a violation of your probation. You definitely need to contact a local attorney and discuss the details with him or her.

James Edward Short

James Edward Short

DUI / DWI Attorney - Chesapeake, VA

A condition of probation is that you obey all laws. Therefore, if you are convicted of a drug charge you are in violation of your probation. I would recommend contacting your attorney for further legal advice.