Is being involved in a drug bust a probation violation

Virginia Beach, VA |

for a 3 dui in 10yr conviction

1. If you received any charges while you were out on probation there is a high likelihood that if you're convicted it's a violation. You need to consult with a local attorney immediately. Please feel free to contact me if you need help.

The information contained in this message is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice, nor is it a substitute for professional legal services. Wolcott Rivers Gates disclaims the formation of an attorney-client relationship by use of AVVO, and no such relationship exists unless and until a written Fee Agreement has been endorsed by Wolcott Rivers Gates and the client. Furthermore, given the public nature of this forum, there can be no expectation of privacy, confidentiality, privilege, or any other protection from disclosure.

2. I agree with the other attorney's here. Yes, you could be looking at serious jail time.

3. That completely depends on how you were "involved". If you not charged with a crime, you should carefully read your probation agreement. It may require you to report any police contact to your probation officer. Remember that it is very likely that associating with known felons is a violation of your probation. So you have to also be aware of who -was- charged at the bust.

If you were charged with a crime as a result of your part in a drug bust, you will almost certainly be charged with a violation of your probation. You definitely need to contact a local attorney and discuss the details with him or her.

4. A condition of probation is that you obey all laws. Therefore, if you are convicted of a drug charge you are in violation of your probation. I would recommend contacting your attorney for further legal advice.

DUI topics