Is being asked to attend a biometrics appointment a second time a sign that something is wrong?

I have recently applied for deferred action. I have no criminal record and i had received an appointment for fingerprints, I attended and everything seemed to go smoothly. However, I just received another appointment just like the first one to get my fingerprints/pictures taken again. Is that common? or should I be worried that it will be denied. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Nothing can be read from a biometrics appointment other than that one has been scheduled to have their biometrics taken.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

A repeat biometrics appointment probably means the FBI did not accept the fingerprints, because either your fingerprint technician did not do a good job or there is too much ware and tear on your fingertips.

Don't be concerned. If you don't know of any reason why there would be a problem, you should assume there isn't. Other than, perhaps, smudges on your first set of prints.

This answer is provided for guidance only. DO NOT rely on it as legal advice. We DO NOT have an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney in your area for a one-on-one consultation before pursuing any action or making any decisions.

Recommended articles about Immigration