Is banning any church participation illegal? What do you do when it is happening? It is against Constitution? No speaking, writi

Buffalo, NY |

I have been send a letter stating I cannot talk or participate in active participating classes and cannot write an email to minister asking why. I am the only person in church who is being singled out and given these orders. When I went to other classes Minister said I was fine and did not talk too much. I time myself. One or 2 sentence comments only when he addresses class. I am not allowed to volunteer in charities. Ask pastor extensively in emails and verbally why and he refuses to tell me. Was there over 2 yrs and when ever I go to another church, Minister contacts other church to talk to pastor about me and same thing happens. I do not know how they find out what church I am attending. Someone must be reporting it to them. I do not even say what new church I visited. No freedom.

You may worship.

You may not volunteer

And you have been asked to let other speak.

No violation of religious freedom.

I agree with the previous poster: no violation.

My discussion with you regarding the question you posted on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is my response to your question to be considered legal advice. While I do my best to provide helpful responses given the factual scenario presented, proper analysis of any matter requires a more in-depth conversation than what is practical on Avvo. If you are a member of the military, or if an immediate family member of yours lost his or her life while fighting for our country, I am proud to offer a 10% discount on my fee.

Unless you are being prohibited in the free exercise of worship, there is no violation. You must consider how the other items are "worshipping" if that is what you want to argue.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights