Is Bank Accountable for their actions- Mystery Shopping Check Scam

Lexington, KY |

1- We were accepted as mystery shoppers. 2. Took the check to the bank and deposited it, They let us get $1000, put the check on hold for 3 days, They stated it had cleared the next time we went back. I asked and had this clarified twice. So we deposited the other two, since the one was from the same person and still under the impression THEY HAD CLEARED this is what the bank stated. no problem they put the other two checks on hold, THOSE CLEARED so they said when we were ready to withdraw monies out my husband asked them why they had just said something different to us 3 days before, she goes in back, comes out and says now they are putting checks on hold for 7 days and that they needed to verify if checks or good or not, they said this was for bank/ consumer protection just in case

1. What actions are you referring to? They are permitted to hold any check until it clears.

This answer does not, nor is it intended to, create an attorney-client relationship or constitute attorney advertising. Rather, it is offered solely for information purposes. Since the facts of each case are different, it is critical to consult with qualified counsel with whom information can be shared and assessed under an attorney-client privilege, so that competent advice can be obtained on which you can make informed decisions.