Is Bank Accountable for their actions- Mystery Shopping Check Scam

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lexington, KY

1- We were accepted as mystery shoppers. 2. Took the check to the bank and deposited it, They let us get $1000, put the check on hold for 3 days, They stated it had cleared the next time we went back. I asked and had this clarified twice. So we deposited the other two, since the one was from the same person and still under the impression THEY HAD CLEARED this is what the bank stated. no problem they put the other two checks on hold, THOSE CLEARED so they said when we were ready to withdraw monies out my husband asked them why they had just said something different to us 3 days before, she goes in back, comes out and says now they are putting checks on hold for 7 days and that they needed to verify if checks or good or not, they said this was for bank/ consumer protection just in case

1. Robert Louis Feliciani III

Answered . What actions are you referring to? They are permitted to hold any check until it clears.