Is assault involving throwing a beer bottle (hits the person but no injury), considered moral turpitude?

Asked about 1 year ago - Virginia Beach, VA

My finace from the UK was in a bar fight years ago and he threw a bottle at the other guy, it hit him, but did not injur him. My fiance plead guilty and only received 100hrs community service. Is this a crime of moral turpitude? (I don't know any more specifics about the case..we're waiting on a criminal record to be sent to him, then me and then I'll send it to my lawyer...just looking for help until then)

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

Answered . It may be. It depends on what crime he was convicted of. He should show his record of conviction to an experienced immigration attorney.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Stephen Patrick Pfeiffer

Pro

3

Answered . Generally speaking, a crime of moral turpitude involves lying, cheating, or stealing. I am not an immigration lawyer so in the context of immigration I do not know if it has a different meaning. I would be happy to refer you to immigration attorney.

Pro

4

Answered . Perhaps. What was the crime? Assault with a dangerous weapon? Best bet is to contact an immigration lawyer above to investigate.