Is ard considered adjudicated?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Carlisle, PA

Years ago I took ARD for PA6312 section C. I have since had this expunged from my record successfully. Obviously ARD is not considered a conviction, is it considered adjudication pertaining to having to register for megans law?

Basically what I'm wondering is should I have, or would I need to register.

1. Ross Marvin Miller

2

Answered . If you completed ARD, then the answer to your question is no. Successful completion of ARD results in a withdrawal of the charge. "Adjudication" as it is used on the registration statutes typically refers to the juvenile process; final judgments in trials of juvenile offenses are called adjudications rather than convictions.

2. Matthew Michael McClenahen

Pro

1

Answered . ARD is a form of adjudication. An adjudication refers to how a case was resolved. It includes guilty pleas, convictions at trial, withdraw or dismissal of charges, or completion of ARD. When it comes to SORNA and Megan's Law, only a conviction or a juvenile adjudication of delinquency triggers the requirement that one register as a sex offender.

3. Robert C. Keller

Answered . I do not understand why you are mentioning Megan's Law unless you are now subject to it.

4. Mark Copoulos

Pro

Answered . No. ARD is not an adjudication. The DA withdraws the charges.

Megan's law is not in the right ballpark for ARD consideration. Consult with a lawyer.