Is ard considered adjudicated?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Carlisle, PA

Years ago I took ARD for PA6312 section C. I have since had this expunged from my record successfully. Obviously ARD is not considered a conviction, is it considered adjudication pertaining to having to register for megans law?

Additional information

Basically what I'm wondering is should I have, or would I need to register.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Ross Marvin Miller

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you completed ARD, then the answer to your question is no. Successful completion of ARD results in a withdrawal of the charge. "Adjudication" as it is used on the registration statutes typically refers to the juvenile process; final judgments in trials of juvenile offenses are called adjudications rather than convictions.

    This answer is based on general legal principles only and is not intended to provide specific legal advice. This... more
  2. Matthew Michael McClenahen


    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . ARD is a form of adjudication. An adjudication refers to how a case was resolved. It includes guilty pleas, convictions at trial, withdraw or dismissal of charges, or completion of ARD. When it comes to SORNA and Megan's Law, only a conviction or a juvenile adjudication of delinquency triggers the requirement that one register as a sex offender.

  3. Robert C. Keller

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I do not understand why you are mentioning Megan's Law unless you are now subject to it.

  4. Mark Copoulos


    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . No. ARD is not an adjudication. The DA withdraws the charges.

    Megan's law is not in the right ballpark for ARD consideration. Consult with a lawyer.

Related Topics

Criminal defense

Criminal law establishes the classifications of crimes, how guilt or innocence is determined, and the types of punishment or rehabilitation that may be imposed.

Criminal record

Your criminal records show your history of criminal convictions and sometimes arrests. Criminal records are accessible online and from county clerk offices.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,879 answers this week

3,468 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,879 answers this week

3,468 attorneys answering